Corporates can easily Adopt schools in South Africa by engaging in various activities:
1. Providing electricity - access to technology and warmth
2. Providing or refurbishing infrastructure - desks, chairs, painting classrooms
3. Providing decent ablutions
4. Providing sporting facilities/equipment
5. Providing container kitchen and vegetable gardens
6. Covering library books
A Section 18A Tax exemption certificate is issued for all monies received in addition to a breakdown of how monies were allocated to the various elements of the project.
Adopting a school is all about taking ownership and building relationships with communities. The lessons to be learnt from the children and staff of these schools are often life-changing for the organisation.